While flying last weekend in the gym where we go during the cold months, I had several scrapes and bruises with my Emax Babyhawk. I decided to transfer the guts to the Nano Spartan, a replacement frame for the hardware. It’s lighter and more durable than the plastic factory frame. Haven’t had a chance to fly it FPV yet, but I did test fly it and adjusted some rates on it. I think this new drone will be a completely different way of flying. The only really unnerving part was shorting the motor cables to a couple of millimeters while still being able to strip them and solder tip them. I did take some extra time and add some heat shrink to the exposed ESCs.
All in all it was probably more complicated than it needed to be, but I felt that if I was going to do it, I wanted to be proud of it. I’ll be sure to post the first flight once I make it. Next projects include another nano drone and my first spec wing aircraft. I’ll try to be more thorough with the photos and steps!